CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a creative and highly motivated professional to work as part of a senior team to design and deliver innovative strategies for enhancing the fiscal sustainability of health, behavioral health, and supportive services providers in navigating the shifting health and social services delivery landscape as the full-time position of Senior Health Care Financing Specialist. The Senior Health Care Financing Specialist is responsible for supporting select CAI projects by analyzing health care, behavioral health, and supportive services financing trends at the national and state levels; and developing and delivering capacity-building services aimed at enhancing agencies’ fiscal sustainability. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to: contracting with third-party payers (private and public); revenue cycle management, including billing for services; and the many fiscal implications of changes to Medicaid policy on the financing of sexual and reproductive health services, HIV/AIDS care, behavioral health services, and preventive and primary care. This individual will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to plan, deliver, and evaluate comprehensive capacity-building services for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC), hospital-based ambulatory care centers, and community-based organizations. This position is located in CAI’s New York City office and will require 30% of time traveling.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide organizational leadership in analyzing health care, behavioral health, and supportive services financing trends.
- For each assigned project, identify implications of trends on contracts with third-party payers, revenue cycle management, and organizing health care systems.
- health care, behavioral health, and supportive services settings
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS & OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Public Health, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 year of relevant experience in health care financing and policy.
- Knowledge of health reform and Medicaid, as well as New York State’s Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program.
- Extensive knowledge of reimbursement/payer systems in the health care delivery landscape.
- Thorough knowledge of revenue cycle management, including billing and coding.
- Knowledge of the process for and best practices in negotiating and contracting with third-party payers, including Medicaid, commercial, and Qualified Health Plans.
- Experience conducting cost analyses, return-on-investment, and break-even analyses.
- Ability to link population and client outcomes to strong and sustainable health care delivery and financing models.
- Ability to conduct and interpret fiscal policy research, specifically to determine to impact of policy decisions on potential reimbursement.
- Familiarity with electronic health records systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong writing, editing, and fiscal policy research skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Familiarity with public health issues (e.g., reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, chronic disease prevention and management)
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. In order to apply to this job please click here.
Cicatelli Associates Inc. / CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer