Our past research activities in the division include conducting biological and behavioral surveillance surveys of foreign military personnel; evaluating evidence based interventions; and evaluating pilot programs to reduce teen pregnancy and improve healthcare accessibility for at risk populations.
Some of our past Research and Evaluation Projects:
- STI/HIV/AIDS risk behavior among Dominican military personnel: A behavioral assessment of personnel stationed on the western border region with Haiti.
Links to three articles derived from this project: Article 1, Article 2, Article 3
- A serological and behavioral assessment of HIV infection in the Armed Forces of the Dominican Republic.
- A serological and behavioral assessment of HIV infection in the Belize Defense Force.
- A Needs Assessment of Clients with HIV in a Home Based Care Program in Guyana.
- HRSA Consumer-Provider Partnership for Care evaluation.
- Swagga and Lace: Pilot Study.
- An assessment of a pilot peer navigation program linking HIV positive clients of harm reduction services with Ryan White clinical service providers.
- An assessment of a Consumer-Provider Partnership for Care Program For People Living with HIV/AIDS
- A pilot test of the Popular Opinion Leaders Intervention in the Armed Forces of Barbados, piloting an interactive netbook based interface to augment post-test counseling and prevention with HIV positive clients.
- A pilot study on the Use of Audio Computer Assisted Self-Interview (ACASI) to improve client level data collected through the Avon Breast Health Outreach Program