Bibliography for Dr. Michael Anastario
1. Hallum-Montes R, D’Souza R, Chun H, Dann GE, Anastario M. Condom use during last sexual contact and last 30 days in two samples of Caribbean military personnel. American Journal of Men’s Health, forthcoming.
2. Anastario M, Manzanero R, Blanco R, et al. HIV infection, sexual risk behaviour and condom use in the Belize defense force. International Journal of STD & AIDS. Feb;22(2):73-79.
3. Anastario MP, Tavarez MI, Chun H. Sexual risk behavior among military personnel stationed at border-crossing zones in the Dominican Republic. Pan American Journal of Public Health. Nov;28(5):361-367.
4. Chun H, Tavarez MI, Dann GE, Anastario MP. Interviewer gender and self-reported sexual behavior and mental health among male military personnel. International Journal of Public Health. Aug 31.
5. Anastario M, Salafia CM, Fitzmaurice G, Goldstein JM. Impact of fetal versus perinatal hypoxia on sex differences in childhood outcomes: developmental timing matters. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. Feb 17.
6. Tavarez MI, Chun H, Anastario MP. Correlates of sexual risk behavior in sexually active male military personnel stationed along border-crossing zones in the Dominican Republic. American Journal of Men’s Health. Jan;5(1):65-77.
7. Boryc K, Anastario MP, Dann G, et al. A needs assessment of clients with HIV in a home-based care program in Guyana. Public Health Nursing. Nov-Dec;27(6):482-491.
8. Ryan C, Salas-Wright V, Anastario M, Camara G. Making Research Matter…Matter to Whom? International Journal of Communication 4 (2010), Feature 845-855.
9. Anastario MP, Rodriguez HP, Gallagher PM, et al. A randomized trial comparing mail versus in-office distribution of the CAHPS Clinician and Group Survey. Health Services Research. Oct;45(5 Pt 1):1345-1359.
10. Anastario M, Shehab, N, Lawry, L. Increased gender-based violence among women internally displaced in Mississippi 2 years post-Hurricane Katrina. Disaster Med Public Health Prep 2009; 3(1): 18-26.
11. Sequist T, Schneider E, Anastario M, Odigie E, Marshall R, Rogers W, Safran D. Quality Monitoring of Physicians: Linking Patients’ Experiences of Care to Clinical Quality and Outcomes. J Gen Intern Med 2008; 23(11): 1784-90.
12. Shehab N, Anastario M, Lawry L. Health Assessment and Health Care Access Among Internally Displaced Persons in Mississippi Travel Trailer Parks Two Years after The 2005 Gulf Coast Hurricane Season. Health Affairs 2008; 27(5): w416-w429.
13. Anastario M, Larrance R, Lawry L. Using Mental Health Indicators to Identify Post-Disaster Gender Based Violence Among Women Displaced by Hurricane Katrina. Journal of Women’s Health 2008; 17(9).
14. Streeck H, Brumme ZL, Anastario M, et al. Antigen Load and Viral Sequence Diversification Determine the Functional Profile of HIV-1-Specific CD8(+) T Cells. PLoS Med. May 6 2008;5(5):e100.
15. Rodriguez HP, Anastario MP, Frankel RM, Rogers WH, von Glahn T, Safran DG. Can teaching agenda-setting skills to physicians improve clinical interaction quality? A controlled intervention. BMC Med Educ 2008; 8(1):3.
16. Anastario M, Schmalzbauer L. Piloting the Time Diary Method Among Honduran Immigrants: Gendered Time Use. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health 2008; 10(5).
17. Anastario M, Lawry L. Avian Influenza: Understanding the employee and country specific social and cultural factors that will impede the prevention, treatment, and containment of an outbreak. Journal of Business Continuity and Emergency Planning 2007; 1(4): 369-379.
18. Larrance R, Anastario M, Lawry L. Health Status Among Internally Displaced Persons in Louisiana and Mississippi Travel Trailer Parks: A Global Perspective. Annals of Emergency Medicine 2007; 49(5): 590-601
19. Ryan C, Anastario M, DaCunha A. Changing Coverage of Domestic Violence Murders: A Longitudinal Experiment in Participatory Communication. The Journal of Interpersonal Violence 2006; 21(2): 209-228.
20. Ryan C, Anastario M, Jeffreys K. Start Small, Build Big: Negotiating Opportunities in Media Markets. Mobilization: An International Journal 2005; 10(1): 101-117.