Submission of Client Visit Record (CVR) Data: A Primer for New York State Family Planning Providers
Click here to see the video.
Date & Time:
April 16, 2014, 10:30AM - 12:00 PM
Rich Ahlers of Ahlers and Associates
Agencies participating in the New York State Department of Health's (NYSDOH) Family Planning Program are required to submit data describing reproductive health services rendered to their clients during family planning encounters. The data are collected in the form of Client Visit Records (CVR) and submitted electronically to NYSDOH's Family Planning data vendor, Ahlers and Associates. Information collected through the CVR supports the NYSDOH Family Planning Program and the federal Office of Population Affairs with measuring outcomes and allocating resources to best achieve the goals of the Title X program. It also is a critical tool for staff at participating agencies as they monitor their programs, evaluate services and client outcomes, and undertake performance management activities to improve programmatic outcomes both within and across their individual clinics and in comparison to the state as a whole. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that these data are timely, accurate, and complete.
The goal of this Webinar was to review with participants how they can support routine program monitoring and performance management activities through the collection and use of high quality CVR data.
As a result of this Webinar, viewers are able to:
- Describe what constitutes a family planning encounter
- Determine whether a patient is properly defined as a Family Planning client
- Understand the CVR data elements and how and when they should be submitted to Ahlers and Associates
- Produce standard and customized data reports at the agency and site levels to support program assessment activities
- Obtain answers to questions about accurate and complete CVR data submission
- Program Directors, Data Managers, and Clinical Directors are strongly encouraged to participate in this Webinar.