CAI is seeking a highly motivated, skilled Online Learning Developer - Consultant. This is a NYC-based position.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for working with CAI staff to develop online learning programs.
- This role will require approximately 20 hours/week.
MAJOR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches subject matter experts in identifying, researching and developing high quality course content suitable for online learning. This includes, but is not limited to, scripting, writing at an appropriate level for online learning, using an active voice, and ensuring content is comprehensive (i.e., anticipating questions and a lack of clarity);
- Uses best practices in instructional design and adult learning theory to develop overall concepts and storyboards for online learning programs with input from CAI staff;
- Designs course content elements, including graphics, audio, and video;
- Works with subject matter experts to develop video scripts when necessary;
- Develops rapid prototypes of online learning courses for field testing;
- Troubleshoots and revises prototypes for quality, functionality, and ease of use;
- Collaborates with IT department to import course content and support materials to Learning Management System;
- Creates programs that are SCORM and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant;
- Actively supports the mission of CAI and its core values, including being a team player;
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS & SKILLS:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Instructional Design/Technology, or related field;
- Minimum of one year experience developing effective online learning programs and application of instructional design theory, adult learning theory principles and practices for the development of online learning courses and programs;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Presenter and Captivate, Articulate, Moodle, Microsoft Office, and other e-learning tools;
- Awareness of current technologies applicable to distance learning and ability to stay up to date in a changing distance learning environment;
- Graphic design experience preferred;
- Proven track record in prioritizing and scheduling to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Analytical, methodical approach to work, with high attention to details;
- Excellent written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- High sense of commitment and responsibility to CAI’s mission.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. In order to apply to this job please click here.
Cicatelli Associates Inc. / CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer