CAI is seeking a highly motivated individual for the part-time (unpaid) internship position of Finance and Accounting Intern. The Finance and Accounting Intern will assist the CAI Finance Team with a wide range of projects related to non-profit expense reporting, account reconciliation, revenue processing and grant accounting. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real world, practical experience working with a variety of projects and subject areas. The ideal candidate(s) can work independently as well as with a team, has a positive attitude, keen attention to details, and an appetite for problem solving.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Finance can play in a non-profit setting, and be better prepared to work in the arena of accounting. The intern may also have opportunities to network with the US Programs, International Programs, Human Resources, and Development staff.
THE FINANCE & ACCOUNTING INTERN WILL LEARN THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF:
- Learning reimbursement systems and assisting with revenue processing
- Assisting the CAI finance team with financial analysis of actual and projected expenses
- Assisting with account payables and receivables
- Assisting with audit preparation
- Completing miscellaneous, special projects of the CAI Finance Dept as needed
- Data entry, office document and filing systems
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be a highly-organized self-starter who can work independently as a part of a team
- Be proficient at and comfortable with multi-tasking; will manage multiple projects.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & CREDENTIALS:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Accounting, or non-profit fields
This internship entails about 15-20 hours per week, depending on college schedule, with exact start and end dates to be discussed. This intern position is unpaid, however CAI will facilitate college credit working with the requirements of your academic institution.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested candidates should send a COVER LETTER, and RESUME via:
EMAIL to: firstname.lastname@example.org [subject: "Accounting/Finance Intern"]
In order to apply to this internship, please click here.
CAI – Cicatelli Associates Inc. – is a highly regarded, not-for-profit health care training, education, technical assistance and capacity building organization, located in midtown Manhattan. CAI has extensive expertise in all aspects of developing, delivering, and evaluating training programs, conferences, providing organizational technical assistance and research. To learn more about Cicatelli Associates Inc., please visit our website at www.caiglobal.org
Cicatelli Associates Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.