CAI offers a broad array of clinical trainings and technical assistance for clinicians including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, certified nurse midwives, mental health providers, dentists and pharmacists. CAI is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing medical education for physicians. We are an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. We also provide accredited continuing education credits for psychologists, social workers, nutritionists, health educators, and other health and social services professionals.
CAI trainings are designed to help clinicians maintain excellence in the provision of care and to incorporate new knowledge and evidence-based practices in order to improve patient outcomes. We deliver trainings through case conferences, clinical consultations, didactic learning sessions, skills-building activities, and web-based training programs. Specialized training and technical assistance packages are developed after completing a thorough needs assessment in which service gaps are identified.
Clinical training topics we have recently offered include:
• Family Planning and Reproductive Health
• HIV Diagnosis and Clinical Management
• International Health Issues and HIV
• Immigrant Health and HIV
• Secondary Prevention and HIV
• Culturally Competent Clinical Care
• Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Health Care
• Domestic Violence and HIV
• Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• HIV Confidentiality Law
• Integrating Complementary Therapy Into Clinical Practice
• Palliative and End-of-Life Clinical Care
• Promoting Stress Management and Physical Health for Health Care Providers