CAI (Cicatelli Associates Inc.) is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented and organized professional for the full-time position of Senior Trainer for CAI’s NYS Health Insurance Training Center. The Senior Trainer provides expert training and assists in the development of training designs, training materials and curriculum; develops curricula and training materials (including online training for Providers); oversees and/or conducts trainings for local departments of social services (LDSS), Facilitated Enrollers, Assistor (ACA), online training programs, Webinars and Go-To-Meeting trainings. Also provides training leadership and technical assistance with a special expertise in healthcare financing. This is a NYC-based position.
- Excellent platform presentation.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of learning theory.
- Instructional design skills to support tailored program and course modifications.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Instructional design skills to significantly contribute to “developmental” program efforts.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating and updating the training curricula and training materials for New LDSS Workers and LDSS Chronic Care Workers, Facilitated Enrollers, online training programs, webinars and go to meeting trainings. Trainings will encompass introductory, continuing education and special topics.
- Deliver and/or oversee the delivery of training for New LDSS Workers and LDSS Chronic Care Workers, Facilitated Enrollers, online training programs, webinars and go to meeting trainings statewide. Trainings will encompass introductory, continuing education and special topics facilitated enrollment training sessions statewide on numerous eligibility topics to a defined level of quality.
- Create, update and deliver technical assistance sessions on selected topics for LDSS Workers and LDSS Chronic Care Workers, online training programs, webinars and go to meeting trainings statewide.
- Report to the Project Administrator on potential issues and resolution of training and technical assistance issues.
- Work closely with Deputy Director on coordination of training activities.
- Understands the day to day fiscal components of training activities.
- Remain current as health care delivery systems change, expand and include new populations.
- Translate personal knowledge and expertise into practical, skills-based training programs.
- Prepare coursework to utilization guidelines.
- Co-train with other staff trainers and/or consultants as needed.
- Observe and provide developmental feedback to trainers and consultants.
- Participate in advisory groups, focus groups, needs assessment activities, etc., as needed.
- Maintain accurate and current records of all training activities.
- Participate in all continuous quality improvement activities, including debriefing of every training event.
- Represent organization at professional meetings.
- Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Other duties as necessary/assigned.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, CREDENTIALS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree (or advanced degree) and/or 2 years combined (training and field) experience in a related field.
- Expertise in a significant percentage of content and course topics; must have experience in Medicaid eligibility.
- In-depth knowledge in two or more of the course content areas; may have expertise in a unique and critically important content area as determined by the needs of CAI.
- Excellent training skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, as well as oral & written communications skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Flexibility of schedule.
- Adaptability and flexibility in approach to training techniques.
- Public presentation and presence.
- Excellent planning skills, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in the use of standard office technology and basic Microsoft applications including PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY:
CAI offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and working conditions. In order to apply to this job please click here.
Cicatelli Associates Inc. / CAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer