In the 31st year of the HIV/AIDS pandemic, the Greater New York Chapter
of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (GNY ANAC) is convening
its 24th annual conference.
The purpose of this conference was to expand and increase nurses' knowledge
and awareness of the rapidly changing environment of the delivery of health
care to people living with HIV and nurses' role within these changes.
As a result of attending this conference, participants are now able to:
• Discuss the impact of the Affordable Care Act on HIV/AIDS care and overall health issues
• Identify up-to-date treatment options
• Discuss ways in which the Affordable Care Act will impact nursing
• Describe the role of medical homes and health homes and their impact on HIV/AIDS and health care
Derek E. Spencer, MS, CRNP *
Jeffrey Kwong, DNP, MPH, ANP-BC, ACRN
Wanda Montalvo, MSN, ANP, RN
Jaime R. Torres, DPM, MS
Angelica Ramirez, BA, CASAC
Andrea Norberg, MS, RN
Kenneth J. Stewart, M.DIV., LMSW
The faculty and CNE Program Planner(s) and Reviewer(s) Melanie Steilen, RN, BSN, ACRN and Marsha Marecki, EdD, WHNP-BC, have no relevant financial, professional or personal relationships to disclose.
There are no commercial supporters of this activity.
CONTINUING NURSING EDUCATION (CNE)
4.5 Nursing Contact Hour(s) available
Cicatelli Associates Inc. (CAI) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New Jersey State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Provider Number: NYP253-2/7/14.
It has been assigned code: NYP253 – 2/7/14 – 197
Accredited status does not imply endorsement by NJSNA, CAI, or ANCC of any commercial products or services.
* Mr. Derek Spencer's presentation is sponsored by Gilead Sciences, Inc. Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) is not being provided for this portion of the conference.